Friday, May 1, 2009

SteamPunk Honda

OK, here's the finished version of the magnetic patch I put on the Honda, as described here. No more crappy phonecam pics, and it shows the final detail, the screw heads. I think they really sell the "I bolted this chunk of old wood to my car," look. Before, it just looked like a sticker.

Photobucket

The screws are simplicity itself, and continued the All Recycled Parts theme of this piece. I took a 1 1/4 inch hole punch I picked up for making home-brew game tokens and punched out circles of plastic from fake credit cards I got in the mail for no good reason. Then I cut four of them in half and removed a space from the "middle" of each (now separated) circle. When I glued them all back together, I had me 4 nice little fake screw heads. A quick hit of brass spray paint and a slosh of ink to make the groove stand out, and blamo! Instant fake screws. I stuck 'em down with 2-part epoxy cement, and called it a day.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

zomg.. that is freakin' awesome!