Thursday, July 12, 2007

Qin Chinese -- On Order

So, the gang has talked me into a new game: Warmaster Ancients in 10mm. This is about the first time in 10 years or so that I was the guy getting pulled in. Usually I'm the only doing the pulling, so this is kind of irrisistable. I would probably have done it in15mm, but hay, the gang says 10mm. It should give a nice look, with that "more spears than I can count" effect. 6mm would just be too small, and 15s too expensive and big for that many troops.

I'll be playing the Chinese. This should be a lot of fun to paint -- COLOR! I'LL HAVE COLORS!!!! -- and interesting to play. Different, at least, since everyone else is rolling Romans, Greeks, Huns, stuff like that.

I just placed the initial order via Great Hall Games. I decided to just bite the fucking bullet and order the entire army all in one lump. OK, so I'm still gonna get the rocket launcher from Irregular. The troops are comming from Magister Militum. Here's the order list:

  • 1 x ADW61 Qin Chinese Army, 1000 Points
  • 4 x QIN02 Halberdiers
  • 4 x QIN03 Spearmen
  • 2 x QIN05 Archers
  • 6 x QIN04 Impressed Troops
  • 3 x QIN09 Wu Hu Cavalry
  • 1 x QIN10 Four Horse Heavy Chariot
  • 2 x QIN11 Command with Chariot
  • 1 x SAM009 Ninja
  • 1 x NWK011 Elite Archer, shaven head
  • 1 x VIG004 10mm Egyptian Scribe and Soldier
  • 1 x VIG009 Samurai Commander with attendants
  • 5 x packs of metal bases
  • Warmaster Ancients rule book
  • Warmaster Ancient Armies book
I hope I didn't over order on anything. I don't need a bunch of lazy chinamen layin' around. All that only comes to about $340.....

No comments: