Wednesday, September 17, 2008

DragonCon 2008 - Tribal Shots

When asked to describe DragonCon to folks who don't know, I often tell them something along the lines that its the gathering of all nerd tribes. Every faction is represented, and anything in this earth that I'd call my own is out in force.

Which means that I owe pictures to a bunch of you. So here goes, the Tribal shots from 2008, in no particular meaningful order, with my comments and compliments.

We'll start with this little darling. I'm tellin' ya, all this little girl had to do was look at someone in costume and simile and a half dozen people wanted to take her picture with them. She's our cousin's daughter, who shall remain safely anonymous lest some freak be able to call her by name.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At least 14 strangers must have also taken this picture.
Photobucket

And their neighbor.
Photobucket

You have never been as excited as this girl is to be around a bunch of Mandalorians.
Photobucket

TheLastNubicorn found her favorite Jedi...
Photobucket

...and went in for a quick shave and a hair cut.
Photobucket

She likes to cut it close.
Photobucket

We stopped dead in our tracks for this lady, and because of the quality of the suit I'm not including her in with Super Heroes. This is not a costume that looks like a catsuit. This is a full-on fetishist's latex suit. And it is awesome.
Photobucket

...an old friend's wife...
Photobucket

Goggles are cool!
Photobucket

Malloy Martini knows how to dress...
Photobucket

...and deal with The Hulk.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

OK, I took one serious shot of her and Dolf, but I wish I'd gotten one of her "asserting dominance" over him...
Photobucket
Have fun, y'all.

DragonCon... freaks just come out everywhere...
Photobucket

I couldn't resist...
Photobucket

Also, I had a blast going to your panel. The best part was when the drooling mob rushed the table. Sure, they got a few seconds to yack, but I got a wink from her.... and TheLastNubicorn got the whole squealing jumping hug thing. The jealousy in the room was delicious.

TheLastNubicorn with the real Misfits!
Photobucket

This picture just cracks me up. I've known everyone in it for at least a decade or more, but you're looking at three different groups who all walked by me at the same time, many of whom have never met and, since some of them turned and ran immediately after this picture, probably never will. I love Dragon!
Photobucket

Speaking of old high school friends....
Photobucket

Photobucket

...and old college friends...
Photobucket

This batch just ran up out of the crowd and accosted me!
Photobucket

An old wargaming buddy, Rarrier, introduced me to another old friend of his, as well as this lovely creature...
Photobucket

Aight, gang, I've been saving you guys for last. To the rest of the world, you've already seen TheLastNubicorn all over this thing. But these folks here? These ain't friends. This is family.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This girl's hammer was bigger than she is! She carried that thing around all weekend long, and every time I saw her, I wanted to take this picture. Finally, on Sunday night, both she and Luke were in front of me at the same time.
Photobucket

I'm sorry we drug you along, Jacob.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: