Friday, September 19, 2008

DragonCon2008 - Costumes: Star Wars

Time for another post!

I took so many pics of people in costume that I'm breaking them up across multiple posts. I think I'll start with Star Wars. I always have since 1977, so why stop now.

First, we have the droid builders. Anyone got a link for these guys?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Naturally, there were plenty of Jedi. I really like the idea of the blind Jedi:
Photobucket

Photobucket

But this idea is pretty good, too:
Photobucket

I am, however, less sure of this concept:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

See, all the ladies love Gamorian Jedi!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't get a chance to say hi, but I'm wondering if she doesn't live around here someplace. I saw her at OmegaCon, as well, and that show didn't attract many out-of-state folks.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Luke, this is pretty much exactly what I've had in mind for the birthday present I keep threatening to make:
Photobucket

I think at this point if no one from the Empire showed up, DragonCon might just fold up its tent and go back where it came from. Fortunately, there appears to be little risk of this.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I heard a lot of folks bitchin' about this guy. Well, fuck 'em! Kilts kick ass, and with all the "regiment distinguishing" bull shit the clones are wearing these days, who's gonna notice a little tartan?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The fine mercenary forces of Mandalor were also represented:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also had a few folks show up as aliens and various rebels this year:
Photobucket

UTINI!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Personally, I'm a big fan of the femininization of various characters. You know, female versions of predominantly or exclusively male characters. Shit's hot, man!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, but certainly not least in anyone's mind, we have the legions of Slave Leia. I didn't even try that hard to take pictures of all of them this year. (I'm not saying I don't like the costume, I most certainly do. There's just a damned lot of them! This is a good thing, by the way).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Its a good group shot (they were all together, I think) but god damn if the Spartan king doesn't look like he's about the eat the Alderanian princess.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the pic where you said "the Spartan king doesn't look like he's about the eat the Alderanian princess"...The Spartan guy is married to the "princess" on the right. Both awesome people too...just ask the Gnome!